Monday, March 23, 2009

So yeah, there I was ...

I don't really have anything particular in mind for this to be about. 

I'm expecting more than anything to just scribble down random thoughts during the day.  Maybe if I take a picture I really like, or if I see something interesting or get a new gadget, I'll probably talk about it.  If there's something going on in the world, and I've got a particular view on it, I'll probably scribble something down about it.  If I have a gripe or a bitch about something, I'll probably vent a little bit.  I might have something to say about the television shows that I watch, or books that I'm reading, or ... you get the idea.

Anyway.  A little background information.

I'm 32.  I'm originally from New England, but currently exiled to the central part of California.  I'm married, have been for three years and some change.  I rent a house.  I work in the power generation field, and operate a 655 PSIG boiler and 12,500 KW gross output turbine.

I'm a veteran - I served as a surface warfare officer in the US Navy.  I graduated from The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, class of 1999 with a degree in political science that I haven't used since.

I read a lot.  I read maybe 200-300,000 words a week usually.  At least 2 books, maybe more.  I like to read.

I like music, too, but I don't really listen to much new stuff.  I fall into ruts, don't usually tend to stray that far out of them.

Anyway.  That's me in a nutshell.  There'll be more to come, later.


No comments:

Post a Comment