Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It fucking happened again.

The fuckers came back for more.

They left the long guns, left my desktop PC.

They took our laptops - my Asus EeePC 1000HE, my wife's 15" Acer. Took the PS2, all my games, all my movies (except, oddly enough, for Ron White, the Firefly box set, and Cowboy Bebop: The Perfect Sessions), and my wife's digital camera.

I'm not positive, but I think they also took my wife's old laptop, a Toshiba Pentium II.

This shit's starting to piss me off. Fortunately, the cops that responded this time were a little less shitty. They actually dusted for prints, went and talked to neighbors, and I think the sergeant has a suspect or two in mind already.

I'm still sorta leaning toward the landlord, but there's also a potential disgruntled former employee that I'm considering. It's a small town, though, and that's a LOT of shit to try and get rid of here. Again, fortunately, I had serial numbers for the computers at least. I didn't have one for the PS2 or the camera, and of course there are no serial numbers on video games and movies.

Oh - bonus - even if it turns out that my landlord isn't involved, the cops say that one call to Code Enforcement and that guy will be my bitch forever. This house is so full of mold and wiring violations that it'll get condemned and he'll owe me every penny back that I've ever paid him in rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment